The mission of the Northborough Department of Public Works is to provide Public Safety and to provide and maintain Public Services necessary for the economy, growth and quality of life of the citizens of Northborough.
For general inquiries please email: email@example.com
The Department of Public Works staff consists of 17 employees in six Divisions responsible for the maintenance of Northborough’s infrastructure and public facilities. The Divisions within the Department include Administration; Highway, Parks, Cemetery, Water and Sewer. The Department is also responsible for the care and maintenance of Town trees, and snow and ice removal.
The Public Works Administration is responsible for providing continuous coordination to all divisions of the Department of Public Works through effective leadership in order to ensure that all the functions of the Department are carried out completely and efficiently. The Administration consists of the Public Works Director, and 2 Administrative Assistants.
The specific functions of this office include:
- Preparation of the annual operating budget for the Department and overseeing expenditures of all divisions;
- Providing clerical and accounting support to the Department for the processing of payrolls, purchase orders, invoices and the management of the Departmental budget;
- Preparing, and collecting Water and Sewer billing,
- Developing and updating the Department’s long term Capital Plan for all divisions;
- Supervising Department personnel, including ensuring that personnel are properly trained and motivated;
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations relative to Public Works Operations; including the Federal Safe Drinking Water Act;
- Receiving inquiries and complaints from citizens relative to the Public Works infrastructure and forwarding the information to the appropriate Division for action; and
- Interfacing with Town Boards, Commissions and other Departments, as well as providing coordination with State and Federal Agencies, other municipalities and outside utilities relative to Public Works projects.
|Scott Charpentier, P.E.||Director||(508) 393-5030|
|Sarah Jean||Administrative Assistant|
|Rob Luke||Administrative Assistant|
|Janet Naughton||Administrative Assistant|