Annual Town Meeting
Algonquin Regional H.S. Football Field
Saturday May 1st 9am (rain date - May 8th)
To view the Town Meeting Warrant, click here
Town Meeting Logistics & Safety Highlights
The Annual Town Meeting will be held at 9:00am on Saturday, May 1, 2021. Due to ongoing Covid-19 concerns, this year’s meeting will be held outdoors, on the football field at Algonquin Regional H.S. The Moderator will work to condense presentations and combine articles in order to reduce the length of the meeting.
In addition to following guidance from our local Board of Health, we’ve gone to great lengths to ensure that this will be a safe event.
- 200 chairs will be set up and additional chairs available if needed.
- There will be a minimum of 10 feet of spacing between chairs and 10 feet spacing between rows.
- The aisles between sections of chairs will be one way and 10 feet wide.
- Feel free to bring your own “camp“ chair.
- If you’d like to sit on the grass or on a blanket, we’ll have plenty of space for that too.
- You can bring an umbrella, but you’ll need to sit to the rear or on the side and not block anyone’s view. Please be sure to be socially distant from any non-family member.
- Field penetrations are not allowed so all umbrellas must be seat fastened or handheld.
- Masks are required for entry, but you can remove it once you are seated.
- Please wear your mask whenever you are not in your chair.
- We will provide a mask to anyone who forgets one.
- There will be microphones in each aisle for the public to address the Hall.
- Because these microphones are remotely adjusted to ensure the speaker’s voice can be heard, there will be a 3-foot demarcation at each microphone to ensure that no one actually touches it.
- Nevertheless, if the need arises our media vendor will be ready to sanitize microphones.
- We’ll have free bottled water for everyone, feel free to bring your own.
- Restrooms are located between the football and lower fields. In addition, there will be port-a-jons available which will also be periodically cleaned by janitorial staff.
- We’ll offer hand sanitizer to everyone as they check-in, and thereafter as you like. You are encouraged to bring your own as well.
- There is plenty of parking behind the school in the lots adjacent to the football field.
- There will be handicapped parking close to one of the field entrances with compliant access.