There are several types of COVID-19 tests. The Northborough Health Department recommends that you seek a PCR (also known as molecular test) rather than an antigen or antibody test. There are many reasons why you may need to be tested such as:
- Your are exhbiting COVID-19 symptoms. Many schools and employers require a negative COVID-19 to return to school or work.
- You have recently traveled or plan to travel. For COVID-19 Travel resources visit https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel.
- You are a "close contact" to someone who tested positive for COVID-19. Please note that it is recommended that non-vaccinated "close contacts" be tested 4-5 days after your last exposure to the positive case.
Free local PCR Testing Sites:
- Project Beacon Regional Express Site, 562 Waverly Street, Framingham. This site is appointment only—testing must be scheduled in advance. To schedule an appointment, click here. Tests must be scheduled in advance and will be performed using a self-swabbing method in a walk-in format. Results are typically available in less than 24 hours.
- Stop the Spread Site at Marlborough Hospital, 157 Union Street, Marlborough. This site is open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8AM to 1PM - please check website to confirm hours are current. Results are typically available in less than 24 hours. No appointment requirement, just drive up.
The Town of Ashland in cooperation with DPH and Transformative Healthcare is pleased to announce that we will have a drive thru COVID-19 Testing available in Ashland at the MBTA Commuter Rail Station on the Route 135 side (West Union Street Side) starting on Monday October 4, 2021. Hours of operation will be: Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 7am - 11am AND Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays from 2pm - 7pm. Pre-registration is required via the following link https://bit.ly/2ZHwNCC
For more information on COVID-19 testing and to locate additional testing centers, visit https://www.mass.gov/covid-19-testing. If you need help finding a test center near you, contact your medical provider or the Northborough Health Department at 508-393-5009.