On March 11, 2021, President Biden signed the $1.9 Trillion American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) into law. This bill provides resources through the Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Fund (CLFRF) to local governments to respond to the public health emergency caused by COVID-19. Northborough is expected to receive $4,516,183 of direct aid, administered by the US Department of the Treasury.
ARPA Spending Categories
Information regarding eligible spending uses has been evolving since the bill was signed into law. On January 6, 2022, the U.S Department of the Treasury issued its Final Rule. The basic categories of funding eligibility are below.
State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds
- Final Rule OVERVIEW - US Treasury January 2022
- Coronavirus State & Local Fiscal Recovery Funds: Final Rule - Effective April 1, 2022
- H.R.1319: American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 - US Congress
- ARPA Quick Reference Guide: US Department of the Treasury
- ARPA Funded Projects and Expenses eUpdate: KP Law (Town Counsel)
American Rescue Plan Act Update - June 2022
In anticipation of the public listening session on June 16, 2022 at 6:30PM in the Algonquin Library, the Town Administrator has prepared a memo detailing important updates and an overview of the ARPA spending plan and requests to date. To read the memo in full, click HERE.
Town Resources and Documents
- March 14, 2022 Board of Selectmen Meeting Link (discussion and presentation regarding ARPA begins at 3:22:17)
- Town Administrator Powerpoint Slide Deck - March 14, 2022 Board of Selectmen Meeting
Public Input Session
June 16, 2022 - 6:30PM at the ARHS Library
On June 16, 2022, the Board of Selectmen held a public listening session to hear ideas and recommenadtions on how best to allocate the town's ARPA allotment. The recording of the meeting can be viewed at the link below.
To Submit Ideas:
Submit ideas to the Board of Selectmen via email: ARPAinput@town.northborough.ma.us