Part-time Library Page
May 1, 2018
Hours: 8 hours per week, including afternoons, evenings and Saturdays
- Shelves library materials, including books, magazines, newspapers and audiovisual materials
- Performs shelf reading and keeps shelves organized
- Participates in weeding and shifting the collection under the direction of library staff
- Participates in the physical processing of new library materials
- Performs photocopying and other clerical tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to push/pull carts of books; perform moderate amounts of squatting and stretching; lift up to 25 pounds
- Familiarity with the Dewey Decimal Classification System; ability to alphabetize
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Punctuality and dependability; reliable attendance
- Pleasant manner and good team member.
Rate: $11.00 per hour. This is a non-benefited position.
Closing date: Initial review of applications will begin May 15, 2018. The position will be open until filled.
Applications are welcome from applicants aged 14 years and older.
Please submit a resume and cover letter, along with the Town of Northborough’s Application for Employment to: Kate Whitman, Northborough Free Library, 34 Main Street, Northborough, MA 01532, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Town of Northborough is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.