2018 Hydrant Flushing Program
Friday, July 13, 2018
Friday, July 20, 2018
Friday, July 27, 2018
Friday, August 3, 2018
Friday, August 10, 2018
Dates listed above are weather dependent and therefore are considered approximate.
Flushing is performed during the evening hours to minimize potential problems with discolored water or lower than normal pressure. However, you may experience a temporary drop in the water pressure to your home or business during the period when flushing is performed. Additionally, you may also encounter discolored or cloudy water. Discolored water is not harmful. These conditions will subside in a few hours after the flushing is completed.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the DPW office at 508-393-5030.
- Before the flushing begins:
- Fill a bottle or clean, plastic milk jug with fresh tap water and store it in the refrigerator to use for drinking and/or cooking.
- DO NOT wash white or light-colored laundry during the test procedures.
- After the flushing is completed:
- Open the cold water faucets and let the water flow until it is clear. Turn off the faucets.
- Open the hot water faucets and let the water flow until it is clear. Turn off the faucets.
- When both hot and cold water are clear, the water is ready for use as normal.
- Check the faucet screens for trapped particles.
- Wash a load or two of dark-colored clothes first to ensure there is no discoloration.