The Northborough Historical Commission is a seven member
town agency appointed by the Selectmen.
Its mission is to identify, evaluate and preserve the historical heritage of
the town of Northborough.
To accomplish this mission the Commission shall:
- Conduct research into places of historic value.
- Compile and maintain an inventory of the town's historic assets.
- Initiate and encourage activities to educate and to broaden community awareness of
Northborough's historical heritage.
- Work with individuals, public and private groups to promote preservation.
- Encourage and support local historic districts.
- Provide preservation information and guidance.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Northborough Historical Society
- Solicit preservation funding from local, state and private agencies.